Apply for Signage Permit
You can apply for signage permission online through the LASAA Portal.
- Select and complete the relevant forms
- Attach supporting documents and plans
- Pay the application fee online
Find us in your area
Enter your LGA to find LASAA office closest to you
|Shittu Elizabeth||Mrs||Agege||07028021414||Agege Local Government Maternity Office, Agege|
|Rabiu Wasiu Adebisi||Ajeromi- Ifelodun||07028701533||Ajeromi Revenue office, Berger Suya by Cement Bus stop|
|Aghedo Edosa||Mrs||Alimosho||07028021424||Rm B28, Ikotun / Igando LCDA, Ikotun|
|Oghenevwairhe Sota||Amuwo Odofin||07028021437||41RD, FESTAC TOWN|
|Adegboyega Olayinka Taye||Mrs||Apapa||07028701513||Apapa Local Government, Burma Road, Apapa|
|Oladapo Babawande Akinkunmi||Badagry||07041443835||Badagry House, Ajara, by Secretariat, Badagry|
|Omonua Oluwasegun Monday||Eti- osa||07028021404||City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, (CMS), Lagos Island|
|Yedenu Micheal||Ibeju-Lekki / Epe||01-8996573||City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, (CMS), Lagos Island|
|Olusesi Ayodele||Ifako-Ijaiye||01-8996570||Ikeja Local Government, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja|
|Akintola Funmi||Mrs||Ikeja||07028701509||Ikeja Local Government, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja|
|Salu Olubanke Arinola||Mrs||Ikorodu||07028701512||TOS Benson Road, Ikorodu|
|Omiwade Adebola||Mrs||Ikoyi-Obalende||08191889102||City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, (CMS), Lagos Island|
|Sogbanmu Dehinde Jamiu||Kosofe||07028021429||Kosofe Local Government, Ogudu Round About, Ogudu|
|Aluko Adeolu Adebayo||Lagos Island||07029063122||City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, (CMS), Lagos Island|
|Olatunji Titilayo Ruth||Mrs||Lagos Mainland||07028701516||Yaba LCDA, Adekunle Bus stop, H/M way|
|Awoyemi Olakanbi Taiwo||Mosan- Okunola||07028021427||Mosan Okunola LCDA, Council Road, Water Bus stop, Mosalasi, Ayobo-Ipaja Road|
|Olajide Mariam Abisola||Mrs||Mushin||07028701507||Mushin L.G. Office Annex, Oliyide Street, opposite Mushin General Hospital|
|Isi Henry Uwazuluonye||Ojo||07028021488||Ojo Local Government, Olojo Drive, Ojo|
|Akinsanya Temitope Timothy||Onigbongbo||07028701511||Ikeja Local Government, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja|
|Akitah Rebecca Orji||Mrs||Oshodi / Isolo||01-8996567||Oshodi Local Government, Oshodi|
|Abdul Taiwo Ololade||Shomolu||01-8996576||Shomolu L.G.A. Annex, Humani Street, Shomolu|
|Adejumo S. Adeyinka||Surulere||07028701542||Onile gogoro by Masha Bus stop|
First Party Sign Applications
First Party signs are signs that inform the public of the existence of a business at the location of display
Category of First Party Signs
- Building wall sign: A sign attached to the Building Wall.
- Boundary Wall sign: A sign attached to the Boundry fence/Wall.
- Projecting Sign: A sign affixed to a wall building,but does not project vertically above the highest edge of the wall of the building.
- Canopy Sign: A sign affixed to, or painted on, any part of a veranda, veranda roof, balcony,canopy, pillar and post.
- Freestanding Sign:A sign which is not attached to a building or strucuture
- Composite Freestanding Sign: A single free standing strucure which consist of more than one.
- Roof Sign: A sign affixed to a main roof of a building.
- Sky Sign: A sign where the top edge of any point of that sign exceeds 600mm above the uppermost edge of the roof plane to which it is affixed.
- Flat Sign: A sign affixed to, or painted directly onto, a building or item of street furniture and which does not project more than 250mm in front of the surface of such building.
First party application process is in two stages:
- Pre-scrutiny Stage
- Formal Application Stage
Pre-scrutiny Stage is the stage at which an assessment of the proposed/existing sign is carried out in relation to the building/premises to determine suitable placement, size and display in line with the specifications of the LASAA law and guideline.
- Applicant should obtain annexure 1a form from the nearest LASAA area office resident in the local government offices or development centers.
- The completed form is returned to the point of purchase with G.I.S. record, location map, photograph (existing structure), photomontage (proposed structure). This is to enable the processing officer make appropriate decision without visiting the site.
- A response letter “re: on-going pre-scrutiny application process for on-premise signage” is forwarded to the client within four weeks of the submission of the form.
- The proposal might be complex and could require site visits which will atract a charge by the Agency.
- For complex proposals, the Agency would invite the applicant to discuss the suitable sign that would be supported or approved. The letter invites the client for a discussion on what is required fo the formal application stage /approval.
Formal application Stage (Annexure II) this is the stage at which the client is required to provide detailed technical information regarding the site and the proposed structure (fixing detals where relevant), the building elevation(showing the position of the sign) and the electrical detail of the structure (where applicable) to reflect the Agency’s approval .
- Client procures annexure II form from the LASAA Head office.
- The completed form is returned to the point of purchase accompanied with the under listed documents;
- Site plan:its a block plan of the site on which the advertising sign is to be erected or displayed and drawn to a scale of 1:200 to show every features of a building on site, the position of the sign in relation to the boundaries of the site, the name of the adjoining street and building on properties abutting the site.
- The building elevation (only the elevation carrying the existing/proposed sign is required).
- The structure details ( emphasis is on size and fixing details)
- The electrical detail (where applicable)
- Tax clearance (Company tax clearance and two director’s personal income tax clearance for Corporate Organisations;Director/Owner’s tax clearance for Small Scale Business Enterprise.
- Property owner’s consent
- All required drawing are to be scaled (Site plan 1:200 Elevation plan 1:100 and Sign details 1:50 or less.)
- An approval/conditional approval letter is forwarded to the client based on the level of compliance of the documents submitted with LASAA recommendation.
- On submission of outstanding/amended documents an approval letter is given with a structure permit number.
3rd Party Application process
Third Party Sign ( Off premise sign) is any sign identifying or advertising anything which is not produced, procured, sold, delivered, performed or provided from the premises on which the advertisement/sign is displayed.
Types of 3rd Party Structures
- Unipole Billboard
- 48 sheet Billboard
- 96 sheet Billboard
- 96 sheet Billboard
- Wall Drape
- Boundry Wall Drape
- Bridge Panel
- Street Furniture
- Bus shelter
- Street lamp pole
The third party application process is split into 2 major stages namely the pre-scrutiny process and the formal application process.
The Pre-scrutiny Process
Obtain annexure 1(A) form from LASAA Head Office and submit with the following documents:
- Photomontage of proposed structure or picture of structure (in relation to the road)
- Location map
- Owners Consent where applicable
- Copy of receipt of payment to Landlord where applicable.
This information is required for the processing personnel to take a decision on the application. The application could either be approved, disapproved or subjected to site inspection. If the application is approved, it moves to formal application stage.
The Formal Application Process
Obtain annexure 2 form from LASAA Head Office and submit with the following documents within 21 days:
- Annexure2 form
- Site plan -scale 1:200
- Structural drawing (showing company’s name tag) – scale 1:100
- Electrical details-scale 1:100
- Elevation drawings (front and side elevations) – scale 1:100
- Copy of receipt of payment to Landlord where applicable
- Environment Impact Assessment (E.I.A) where applicable
- All drawings must be certified by a COREN Structural Engineer
If the application is successful, the Outdoor Advertising Agency will be issued an approval letter with a bill to be paid within a specified time.